Bananas or Apples – which ones are better for being healthy?
Did you know that bananas help with:
- PMS – Contains B6 which regulates blood glucose levels that can affect your mood.
- Anemia – Are high in Iron. Bananas stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia
- Blood Pressure – Are high in potassium, low in salt so are good for your blood pressure. In fact, the FDA has allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit’s ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke
- Brain power – Research has shown that the potassium rich banana can assist learning by making people more alert
- Constipation – Bananas are high in fiber so can help with constipation without resorting to laxatives
- Hangovers – make a banana milkshake sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach, the honey builds up depleted blood sugar and the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system
- Heartburn – a natural antacid effect in the body
- Morning Sickness – snacking on bananas keeps blood sugar levels up
- Mosquito Bites – rub the bite with the inside of a banana skin. Helps reduce swelling and irritation.
- Nerves – bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system
- Ulcers – a good dietary food because of soft texture and smoothness. Neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irration by coating the lining of the stomach
- Seasonal Affective Disorder – contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan
- Smoking – the B6, B12, potassium and magnesium in bananas helps the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Strokes – According to research in “The New England Journal of Medicine”, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%.
Compared to an apple, a banana has:
- 4 times the protein
- twice the carbs
- 3 times the phosphorus
- 5 times the vitamin A
- 5 times the iron
- twice the other vitamins and minerals.
So move over apple – the Banana is taking your place in “A Banana a day will keep the doctor away!”